Browsing by Author "Ouakouak, Mohammed Laid"
Now showing 1 - 6 of 6
Results Per Page
- ItemAntecedents and outcome of employee change fatigue and change cynicism(2021) Ouedraogo, Noufou; Ouakouak, Mohammed LaidOrganisations implement changes either to address real business imperatives or to follow trends in their industries. But frequent changes in an organisation often lead to employee change fatigue and change cynicism. The purpose of this study is to investigate the impact of the change logic of appropriateness and the logic of consequences on change fatigue and change cynicism and the impact of change fatigue and change cynicism on change success.
- ItemEffects of employee creative problem-solving on innovation outcomes and non-financial performance: the moderating role of culture and communication(2020) Ouedraogo, Noufou; Ouakouak, Mohammed Laid; Salem, TarekThe purpose of this paper is to investigate the effects of employees’ creative problem-solving on organisations’ innovation outcomes, as well as the effects of innovation outcomes on organisations non-financial performance. Based on a sample of 320 participants from diverse organisations, using structural equation modelling techniques, we find that creative problem-solving does not have any effect on innovation outcomes, except with the moderating influence of an innovative culture or communication. We also find that innovation outcomes have a positive relationship with non-financial performance. We make theoretical contributions into the antecedents of innovation outcomes, while offering several practical insights for leading creative employees and managing innovation.
- ItemFostering knowledge sharing and knowledge utilization: the impact of organizational commitment and trust(2018) Ouakouak, Mohammed Laid; Ouedraogo, NoufouThe purpose of this paper is to explore the influence of organizational commitment and trust on knowledge sharing and on knowledge utilization. Also, the study aims to examine the influence of knowledge sharing on knowledge utilization.
- ItemImpacts of personal trust, communication, and affective commitment on change success(2018) Ouedraogo, Noufou; Ouakouak, Mohammed LaidPurpose Successful change implementation is crucial for organizational prosperity, and even survival. The purpose of this paper is to examine the impacts of personal trust and communication on change success, through affective commitment.Design/methodology/approach Based on an empirical study conducted among 307 employees of Canadian organizations and using structural equation modeling techniques.Findings The authors find that communication has a direct impact on change success, as well as an indirect impact through affective commitment. Trust only exerts an indirect effect through affective commitment.Originality/value This research thus extends the literature on the role of “soft” organizational factors on organizational change. Since the authors have limited this study to “soft” variables, it can be complemented with a study of hard factors contributing to change success, in order to build a comprehensive organizational change success model.
- ItemKnowledge sharing as a give-and-take practice: the role of the knowledge receiver in the knowledge-sharing process(2021) Ouakouak, Mohammed Laid; AlBuloushi, Nour; Ouedraogo, Noufou; Sawalha, NabeelThe purpose of this study is to investigate whether openness to receive and openness to share knowledge drive employees to share knowledge with colleagues in the workplace. The authors also investigate what, if any, influence knowledge sharing has on performance at both individual and work unit levels.
- ItemLeadership credibility and change success: mediating role of commitment to change(2021) Ouedraogo, Noufou; Zaitouni, Michel; Ouakouak, Mohammed LaidThe purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of leadership credibility on employees' behaviours and attitudes towards organisational change through the lens of employee commitment to change.